Snap Into Action - Terms and Conditions
1. CEWE Limited, based at Unit 4 Titan Business Centre, Spartan Close, Tachbrook Park, Warwick, CV34 6RR, hereinafter referred to as CEWE, is organising the "Snap Into Action" photo competition (hereafter “Competition”) in cooperation with The Guild of Photographers. The Competition's theme is to showcase Britain's most spectacular photos. Entry into the Competition will be made when the participant uploads up to 100 photos onto our website which can be found here https://contest.cewe-photoworld.com/snapintoaction. The final selection of the winning images will be made by a jury comprising the CEWE and Guild of Photographers teams. 10 prizes will be awarded. All prize winners will be notified in writing by email.
2. Eligible for participation are persons over the age of 18 and a resident of the UK or the Republic of Ireland. Participation is not limited to customers of CEWE and participants are not required to purchase any goods or services. Participants with limited legal capacity may require permission from their legal representative. Employees of CEWE, the partner The Guild of Photographers, their dependants and other persons involved in the Competition’s preparation and realisation are excluded from participating. CEWE further reserves the right to exclude individuals from participating at CEWE’s sole discretion, provided that there are justified reasons for the exclusion, such as:
2.1 non-compliance with these conditions for participation:
2.2 unfair activities such as criticising other users in the comment section
2.3 photo manipulations such as inserting graphic elements (e.g. watermarks, signatures, borders) intended to improve the participant’s chance of winning or to obtain other benefits, and
2.4 incorrect or misleading statements made when registering or submitting photos.
3. Participants may upload up to 100 photos which they themselves have taken, for which they possess the unrestricted copyrights and usage rights, and the motifs of which do not contradict the legal provisions of the country of origin, the legal provisions of the European Union, or the personal rights of the persons in the pictures. Participants have until 30th April 2021 to upload photos. Participation is only possible via the contest site at https://contest.cewe-photoworld.com. Submissions made by post or any other way will not be considered.
4. Each participant must register on the contest site at https://contest.cewe-photoworld.com and can manage the photos they have uploaded as well as information about and descriptions of the photos through a personal user account, created upon submission of photos to the contest. For the purpose of uploading, the images shall have a size of at least 1,920 x 1,080 pixels and a file size of no more than 22 megabytes (MB). JPEG is the only file format permitted. Furthermore, each uploaded image must be available in an original-size version, which the organiser may request from the participant in certain cases for publication in exhibitions or print media as part of the marketing activities described below.
5. CEWE reserves the right to delete photo entries that deviate strongly from the topic specifications. Participants will not be notified if their photos are deleted. CEWE also reserves the right to make changes or additions to the provided content at any time and without prior announcement, even if these changes or additions influence the conditions for participation in the Competition.
6. By participating in the Competition, the participant grants CEWE, as well as companies associated with CEWE including The Guild of Photographers, an irrevocable, royalty-free, indefinite, unrestricted, and non-exclusive licence to use, share, sublicence, reproduce, modify, publish the uploaded photo(s) for an unlimited period of time and without any geographic restrictions for the following purposes: (i) editorial; (ii) trade; (iii) advertising and promotional; (iv) commercial and non-commercial; or (v) any other purposes. This shall happen only in the context of this and future competitions — including subsequent communication in which the participant has taken part. This includes the option of publishing, duplicating, reproducing and distributing for the purpose of self-advertisement and self-portrayal of CEWE in the context of photo Competitions.
This permission includes the use of submitted photos for any form of printed and digital media, as well as in exhibitions
6.1 Presentation in exhibitions
6.2 Auctioning the exhibition pieces for a good cause
6.3 Publication on the internet and in social media networks (where appropriate with adjustments to cater for formats of specific channels, such as Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat
6.4 Inclusion in other publications, including publications by third parties in press reports, and
6.5 Portrayal of the services of CEWE photo Competitions.
6.6 Publication in a CEWE PHOTOBOOK for the CEWE Photo Award which may be passed on to third parties for advertising purposes for the CEWE Photo Award and for which a contribution towards expenses may be charged to these third parties.
7. By participating in the Competition, the participant confirms that they are the author of the uploaded images and thereby possess unlimited usage rights to the photos. The participant further confirms that the photos they have uploaded are free from the rights of third parties, in particular, that all persons identifiable in the images have stated their consent to the aforementioned uses and that the property rights of third parties will not be violated by these uses. The participant hereby exempts CEWE from any claims by a third party.
8. By participating in the Competition, the participant affirms, represents and warrants that (i) they own the copyright and waive any moral rights in the content submitted by the participant in this Competition, and any materials produced by the participant during the performance of the Competition, or that the participant has obtained all necessary rights, consents and/or waivers from the owner of the copyright to submit the photo(s) in connection with the Competition, and to grant the rights described in these terms and conditions to CEWE and its Affiliates; (ii) by using the content submitted by the participant in connection with the Competition, in accordance with these terms and conditions CEWE and its Affiliates will not violate any third party legal rights or any laws.
9. The complete name of the participant shall always be specified as the author in connection with submitted photos which the organiser publishes.
10. The participant affirms that the content of the transmitted image files does not violate valid prohibitory standards. The organiser shall remove submissions which involve violation of the law, glorification of violence, pornography, racism or other offensiveness, or which are aimed at manipulating the Competition. Participants will not be notified if their photos are deleted.
11. No compensation shall be paid for publication of photos within the scope of the terms of publication. The material prizes and/or vouchers awarded by the organiser on the "Prizes" page shall not be paid out in cash and cannot be exchanged. Prizes may not be transferred to third parties. Participants shall refrain from using design tools such as frames, watermarks or ornamental borders on photos they wish to upload. CEWE reserves the right to exclude any photos that have been manipulated in such ways from participation in the photo contest and to delete them. Participants will not be informed separately in such a case.
12. Participants may remove photos from the Competition at any time by deleting them from their personal user account. This excludes photos that have already been announced as winners after the jury has made its decision.
13. By uploading photos, the participant declares agreement with the conditions for participation.
14. The Competition begins on Tuesday 30th March 2021 and the closing date for the Competition is 23.59pm BST on Friday 30th April 2021.
15. Severability clause: Should any of the provisions of these conditions for participation be or become invalid, in full or in part, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these conditions for participation. The ineffective provision shall be replaced with the legally permissible provision that comes closest to the economic aim and purpose of the invalid provision. The same shall apply if there are any regulatory gaps in these conditions for participation.
16. These terms and conditions are governed by UK law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the UK.
17. The Winners will be contacted via E-mail/Letter after the Jury makes their decision. The winners’ photos will be published on the contest site.
18. The prizes will be: 1 x £100 Wilkinson Cameras gift voucher, 1 x £100 CEWE gift voucher and 1 x Annual Membership for The Guild of Photographers for the winner; 1 x £50 CEWE gift voucher and 1 x Annual Membership for The Guild of Photographers each for places 2-5 and; 1 x Annual Membership for The Guild of Photographers each for places 6-10. The prizes will be distributed via e-mail after publication of the winning photos. Prizes are not transferrable and cannot be redeemed in cash.
19. The selection of the winning images will be made by a jury consisting of experts and representatives of the organiser and the cooperation partner.
20. The selection criteria are:
- Quality of the photo
- Creativity of the photo
- Match to the contest theme